Saturday, October 6, 2012

St Pete 24

Oct 6, 2012

We took a day trip south to Bradenton and Sarasota, where I used to live.  I thought Bob would enjoy the Red Barn.  It's a huge flea market that sells clothes, food, tools, jewelry, sunglasses, kitchen stuff and just about anything you can imagine.  A woman wanted to give me a nonsurgical facelift on half my face so I would buy her products for $250 to do the other half.  She is my age, 62, and looks it, while I look a lot younger (thanks to my genes and my active, healthy lifestyle, I think).  So I passed on that.

Then we went to the $2 movie theatre to see Robot & Frank, a funny film with a poignant ending that reminded me of my father and his dementia.  We took a ride past the house that Jim and I built in 2003 and lived in for two years before I moved to Costa Rica.  The palm tree in front is huge now, and the landscaping looks overgrown.  I'm glad I don't live in that sterile neighborhood anymore.

The ride home with all the windows open was a joy.  The land in Florida is flat, but the sky is immense and has beautiful cloud formations.  The sun set just as we came off the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment