Sunday, February 7, 2010

Goodbye, Ellen


It was hard to say goodbye to my good friend, Ellen. After 3.5 years in Costa Rica, she moved back to Florida where she bought a condo in Tamarac with her cousin from California. I hope she will be very happy in Florida.

Ellen and I met a few years ago. Our mutual friends, Jenny and Tony, who have since moved to Belgium, introduced us at a Halloween party that Ellen threw. Ellen lived in Cariari, two towns over from me, and introduced me to all of her Cariari friends, who have played a big part in my social life here.

She is a big football fan, and loves the Miami Dolphins. We have watched many games together, and as I write this on SuperBowl Sunday, I will miss her being with me and talking about the teams.

Ellen is a wonderful hostess and threw many parties for New Year's Eve, my birthday and other birthdays, Rosh Hashanah, Passover seder, Chanukah - any reason for a party, and Ellen got us together. She loves to talk politics and play games and dance. She is just one fun person to be around.

So there were a few going away parties for Ellen that she didn't have to plan. We hold her in such high esteem.

We all miss Ellen. Have a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment