Friday, October 5, 2012

St Pete 22

Oct 4, 2012
This was a busy day.  Bob dropped me at the Sea Breeze for my beauty salon appointment.  I had me a grand old time talking with the ladies about Dancing with the Stars, and celebrities, and lots of different things.  When I came out, Bob said I looked five years younger.  :-)

Then a visit to George, my chiropractor and friend, took away my migraine.  My C2 was out, and it was such a relief to feel painfree again.

For lunch we stopped at Smokin' J's BBQ and shared a pulled pork sandwich and potato salad made by the guys in the picture.  It was very good, and inexpensive, but Brady's was better.

We made a quick trip to the Tyrone Square Mall so Bob could get a SIM card for his cell phone.  Then I had time for a 10-minute nap before we went to play ping pong in St Pete Beach with Kay.  We picked up George along the way.  We were all sweating after only 1 1/2 hours, but it was great fun.

Then we all went directly to the Pen, the Peninsula Inn, where Daniel plays DJ and Mike plays bartender.  Because it had rained and was still wet outside, we sat at a table in the front, outside under the roof.  It was very relaxing and enjoyable.  I chatted with people I had met, and made new friends:  George's sister Maggie and her husband Paul, and a single woman, Ruth.  Karen met us there, so we had a big table.  I only danced a little bit inside with Cindy and Judi because I was starving.  The food there is very good.  Bob and I shared a chicken dinner with sweet potato fries.  I even had a margarita (oh no - tequila!).  George and I did a little swing dancing on the veranda.  We all said we'd see each other on Sunday evening when the Cajun-Zydeco band plays at the pavilion on Gulfport beach.  Bob is falling in love with Gulfport, just as I am. 

These are some painted palm tree pods, hung on a wall.  I think they're pretty.  Karen and Carol paint them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment