Sunday, October 7, 2012

St Pete 25

Oct 7, 2012

Great day!  I took Bob to First Unity.  Bob is not a church-goer, but he enjoyed the service, as did I, and we're both going back next week.  Rev. Temple was amazing, talking about respecting the elderly, and not allowing barriers to hold you back from what gives you joy in life.  It was a three-hanky service for me. 

Linda and Ron Miller, who used to go to Temple's (and my) church in Sarasota, and Bob and I went out to lunch and had a wonderful time getting to know each other.  We're going to try to make it down to their place in Sarasota for dinner next week.

The Gulfport Ramblers (Stone, Larry and Maureen) played Cajun Zydeco music at the big pavilion on Gulfport beach from 5-8pm.  Bob and I brought a picnic dinner.  I knew a lot of people there from swing dancing and from meeting them around Gulfport.  Stone taught me how to dance to the music, and Laurie taught Bob.  There are so many free events to enjoy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment