Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Boston, Massachusetts (2)

Aug 19 - 20, 2012

Aug 19

Jasmine and I drove over to Salem Willows, the kiddie amusement park where my parents used to take me.  The carousel was still there, but the dodgems, whip and skeeball were gone. 

I put two quarters in the Fortune Teller machine.  I expected her to say, "All will be revealed,"which is what I've been saying about the outcome of this three-month trip.  What she said was pretty close and encouraging.  "Don't let opportunity knock on your door in vain.  Grasp it and the course of your life will be different."

The Willows was crowded with people who came for the jazz and soul music fest.  Jasmine and I both like to look at handcrafted jewelry, so we stopped at the artisan booths, and said hello to Pat and George, who were running the Tico Arts booth.

Then we headed over to Susan and Mel's for a delicious BBQ dinner.  Susan always feeds me well, and she knows my favorite foods.  She made an incredible blueberry salad that I had to finish by pouring the salad dressing into my mouth - straight from the bowl.  I have morphed into a shameless, stuffed oinker.


Aug 20

The YMCA is around the corner from Jasmine's house.  She babysits there two nights a week and gets a free membership.  I accompanied her to an exercise class, and was reminded that I could stand to go to a stretching class on a regular basis.

I love doing Sudoku puzzles, and usually do one with breakfast and sometimes with lunch.  Jasmine wanted to learn how to do them, so I sat with her and taught her.  She was excited to learn. 

For the last supper, we were enticed by the Himalayan Bistro and the Red-Eyed Pig southern BBQ restaurants, both close by.  We opted for the BBQ, and had smoky fried chicken, which was just so-so.  The beans were good, though.

August 21 is a flying day.  I leave Boston early, fly to Miami then to Tampa, and take a shuttle to Gulfport.  Florida, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment