Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rhode Island with my sister

August 3, 2012 - Rhode Island
 
I'm in the US! Even after all these years of traveling, it's still sort of mind-boggling to be able to get on a giant metal structure and land in a different country.
Oh, what food! I'm staying with my sister, Cynthia, not too far from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. There are so many types of ethnic restaurants near Brown. Last night we went to one with my favorite cuisine: Vietnamese. OMG - the best, freshest food with flavors that made my taste buds cry with joy. This morning I went for a walk and got a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Heavenly.
 
Five years ago my sister started tutoring a refugee family from Rwanda (via Cameroon).  Her French helped them learn English and life skills.  Cynthia has been adopted into the smart and lovely family of four: Appolinarie (mother) and kids Merci, Emmanuella, and GoGo.  I met them and had fell in love with them, too.
 
 
My sister and I went to see a movie yesterday, To Rome, with Love. Geez, I am glad I do not live inside Woody Allen's head. The movie theatre was air conditioned - it is so very hot and humid here, more so than in Grecia and the price was right ($8 compared to $12 at a mall theatre). This morning I'm going to take pictures of her so she can upload a good one to match.com. Yup, we're both single and looking. :-)
This afternoon I get on an Amtrak train to Penn Station in New York City. I'll be staying for six days on Long Island with my friend (another) Cynthia for six days.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment