Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lake Ossipee, New Hampshire

Aug 12 - 14, 2012

My oldest friend, Sandy, picked me up at the Logan Airport in Boston, and we drove up to Kathie's lake house on Lake Ossipee.  We all went to Swampscott High School together many moons ago.  Usually we meet for just lunch every year when I come to visit, so to spend 2+ days together has been a deeply satisfying bonding experience.

What a fun and relaxing time we have had!  Sitting around and talking, talking, talking, lying in the sun, swimming in the lake, walking in the pine and oak tree neighborhood.  Kathie's well-behaved, almost human yellow lab, Caleb, kept us company.  This is New England at its best.

I am such a bad influence.  For dinner Monday night we went to Bobby Sue's Ice Cream for ice cream sundaes.  I like to have a sundae for dinner every once in a while, just to eat outside the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment