Thursday, September 20, 2012

St Pete 13

Sept 19 - 20, 2012

Sept 19
I nursed my butt today.  I iced it, and swam, and read I Feel Bad about My Neck by Nora Ephron.  At the end of the book she talks about the inevitability of dying.  And then she died in real life.  It was bizarre reading her words, knowing what was going to happen to her shortly after the book was published.

Sept 20
I had lunch with a Couchsurfer from St Pete.  John recreated himself by becoming a CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, as his most recent career after retirement.  He gave me the idea of becoming certified in something and finding a job in a different industry, but I realized I don't want to be a CNA.  He's an interesting guy, a Filipino who moved to Florida from Seattle. 

My new friend Kay picked me up and took me to her place on St Pete Beach to play ping pong.  I love ping pong!  And she does, too.  So we played two sets at her house - she won both.  Then we went over to the St Pete Beach Recreation Center and played two more sets.  I won both.  Then we played doubles with a couple of more expert players.  My team lost, and hers won.

We worked up a sweat, and went to The Salty Rim for dinner.  Then she showed me around Treasure Island, and drove me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment