Sunday, September 9, 2012

St Pete 6

Sept 8, 2012

Enterprise has a special weekend deal:  $10/day plus tax for 100 miles/day.  Holly drove me to pick up a shiny black Dodge Avenger.  My first stop was Sam's Club.  I am not a member of Sam's Club, but when I stood in line with my year's supply of vitamins, the kind ex-Brooklynite in front of me agreed to use his card for me.

Times have changed.  At the self-serve gas station, I was stymied when the gas nozzle was too big to fit into the tank.  WTF?  Then I saw a second, narrower nozzle and used that.  Por qué hay dos tamaños - why are there two sizes?  Being completely lost and not having yet set up my GPS, I asked someone how to get to Tampa via I-275.  He said to follow him, so I did.

I arrived early for my 3pm acupuncture and reflexology appointment, so I stopped for lunch.  Holly had bought three Latin dance lessons at Living Social; it's like Groupon, I think.  She got a great deal, so I gave it a try, too.  I saw a special $35 offer for the acu treatment, worth $120 it said, and I booked it.  I haven't been sleeping well (some nights not at all), and I needed to change something, and I thought the session would help.

Driving around the neighborhood in North Tampa, I saw a restaurant that said "Soul food" - oh boy!  I nosed around to see what the other customers were eating.  One guy highly recommended the turkey wings, but there wasn't enough meat on the wings, so I got rib tips over rice, collard greens and cornbread.  How flavorful!  And for only $5.50!

I returned to Gulfport - it sure is convenient having wheels - for the opening of the art gallery at Domain.  Daniel and Mike (my former landlords) invited me.  Mike used to own Domain; now he works there.  I saw a few people I had met before, and met new ones.  Karen Love met me and we palled around for a while, talking with a talented artist who was into painting monkeys.  I was inspired to go home and make art from found objects.  In the picture, that's me sitting on the bench next to Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment