Friday, September 28, 2012

St Pete 17

Sept 27 - 28, 2012

Sept 27
The two highlights of my day were talking to Jasmine and going to lunch with Jimmy.  I met Jimmy at First Unity on Sunday.  He has a condo near St Pete and also lives in Escazu, Costa Rica.  We drove along the beach route, from St Pete Beach, through Treasure Island, Madeira Beach, Redington Shores Beach, to Indian Shores.  I think that's the right order.  The entire shoreline is one beach after another, most of which are not viewable from the road because high- and low-rise vacation rentals block the view.  We stopped at The Pub, and I had delicious coconut-encrusted mahi mahi over a caesar salad.

Plans for ping pong fell through, so I watched TV.  Grey's Anatomy and Scandal started their season tonight and I loved watching the shows.  Scandal is fast and smart, with excellent acting. 

Sept 28
George came over and picked my brain about getting some dental work done in Costa Rica.  If anyone else reading this in the US needs dental work, you should know that it is significantly less expensive with very high quality in Costa Rica.  I had a root canal two years ago for $250, and instead of adding a crown, the endodontist built up the tooth with resin for an extra $100.  I've been told that a root canal and crown in the US would cost about $1800.

Then I spent a couple of hours waiting at Enterprise for a rental car.  This time I got liability insurance.  The last few times, I just prayed that I wouldn't be involved in an accident.

I drove to the waterfront in St Pete (so lovely), and met Matt, a nice guy from plentyoffish.com, an online dating site.  I don't usually go for tall guys (he's 5'11"), but I liked his profile.  He's from India, is Catholic, but spiritual, too.  He had to leave early to go to work (he's training to be a private investigator), and I thought about going to a bar, but I decided I'd just head home and rest up for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment