Tuesday, September 11, 2012

St Pete 8

Sept 11, 2012

This is the first time in many years that I've been in the United States for the anniversary of 9/11.  I saw flags at half mast, and news stories commemorating the awful event.

Holly and I spent her last day here together.  She flies back to Salem, Massachusetts, tomorrow.  I hope to see her once more when I go back to Boston the end of October.

In the afternoon we went to St Pete Beach.  It was a little overcast - my favorite type of beach weather.  We brought our chairs right down to the shore and kept our feet in the warm water.  We have become pretty tan, and the sun is bleaching out the (dyed) color in my hair.

At night we drove over to Treasure Island to Sea Hags, a bar and restaurant that has a live band singing Motown hits.  We joined my Gulfport friend, Karen, and four other new friends.  Carol and I shared ahi tuna that melted in my mouth.  And we all got up to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment