Sunday, September 30, 2012

St Pete 19

Sept 30, 2012
This has been a weepy day for me.  I went to First Unity this morning, and the service, especially Temple's message about just being in the world (I'm not even going to try to summarize) had me in tears.  I ran into a couple I knew from our old church in Sarasota, who followed Temple to First Unity in St Pete.  It was great to see them again.  They make the 40-minute drive up most Sundays.  I am meeting and remeeting more and more nice people.

I went to the Booklovers' Cafe where the owner, Irene, did a hands-on practice on me, somewhat like Reiki, but not.  It's called Access Conciousness (http://www.accessconsciousness.com/), and it's a way to release beliefs that block energy so a person can move forward in different areas of life.  Irene was recently trained to teach and do the technique, and she graciously did it on me.  Her white cat, Pinky, laid down on top of me and stayed there, purring, the entire hour or so.  I shed a few tears during that process, too.  We'll see what the results will be.

Having slept only a few hours, I was dog tired, but I stopped at Karen's to play four rounds of Rummikub with her, Kay and Linda.  I did not win, but I was a good sport about it.  Really, I was.  They were going to play Sequence, a game I really love, but I just had to go home and rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment